Wednesday 31 August 2011

Very early autumn

George Inness (1825-1894) - Early Autumn Montclair
American artist



 Alfred Thompson Bricher (1837-1908) - Early Autumn on Long Island
American artist

And now to the Scandinavians:
Olof Arborelius (1842-1915) - Sunny Autumn Day at the Lake
Swedish artist
Fritz Thaulow (1847-1906) - An Orchard on the Banks of a River
 Norwegian artist

Johan Thomas Lundbye  (1818-1848) Autumn Landscape: Hankehøj near Vallekilde 1847
 Danish artist.

Today in Copenhagen, Denmark, it is a cool, clear sunny morning. 
The air is crisp,and the temperature is rising 
for every beam that hits the streets and pavements. 
From my window I can see green trees, and if I lean out I can see the canals.
 The magpies and seagulls are fighting in the yards and at the piers.
It is going to be the best month ever...I love September!

No comments:

Post a Comment